Sunday, November 13, 2011

Resolution to prevent deliberate misrepresentation of Occupy Oakland 10/31/11

Resolution to prevent deliberate misrepresentation of Occupy Oakland 10/31/11

Ok so I think this is an interesting piece to read about people giving their opinion about the Occupy Movement for any city. Probably a good time to mention (again) that this is my blog and that although I am doing my best to represent the truth and although there are people that may agree with me, I do not speak for anyone. There are people who may not agree with me as well, and I do not mean to offend anyone. I have my own reasons for joining the movement and others have their own motivations as well.

So, with that in mind, I think that the above link is a good read for those who are interested in seeing how people are representing themselves only and if you wish to have anything be a consensus of "Occupy Oakland" then it needs to be decided at a General Assembly. That makes sense, but this is why I am one who happens to kinda side with the fact that the movement is not ready to begin real bureaucratic actions as of yet. Because the General Assembly is the way to truly address the 99%, we need more people in the community (each community) to become more involved. We need everyone's opinion, because unless you can afford multi-million dollar donations to political candidates, you are a part of the 99% and should be having your voice heard as a part of the collective.

I know that this is only my opinion, but I state it confidently as one of the messages of the movement is the 99% standing up and taking their power back from the 1% who control majority of the wealth. Thus, more people, regardless of what state or city you live in should go to the Occupy site near you to learn more. Participate in the General Assemblies and take charge. That is our duty as American citizens anyway, to secure the inalienable rights that we have and to promote the general welfare of the people while ensuring domestic tranquility. I hardly believe that most of the people needing assistance in this country are receiving it no matter how much money we pay in taxes to a corrupt government.

So anyway, check out the link and check out your local Occupy for yourself. You may be surprised at what you experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment